Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects approximately 21.7 million people worldwide. It manifests itself with impaired social interaction and communication, both verbal and non-verbal. Though it is still unclear the exact cause of autism, it may be linked to synaptic dysfunction. Those with autism are a unique set of individuals, who have developed their own culture and started movements to gain awareness, tolerance, and acceptance among the population, in hopes that autism will be seen as a difference rather than a disorder. If you are or know an individual with autism, this Autism Awareness Button is a great way to spread awareness and can be purchased as a refrigerator magnet, a pin, or a magnetic badge. It is a great item for autism awareness events. In addition, Magnet America will donate 10% of the sales from all autism merchandise to the Autism Society of America.
- These metal buttons are covered with a durable mylar film that has a bright finish and helps protect the design from scratches.
- Two options to choose from:
- Magnet Back: A thick 60mil magnetic backing makes this option great for refrigerator or any metal surface.
- Badge Back: Name badge backs with powerful Neodymium magnets have the added benefit of not damaging clothing.
- Over All Dimensions: 3 ½” x 2 1/2" Rectangle