While the history of the Yellow Ribbon as a sign of military support begins with the poem "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," it began gaining popularity in the United states in 1979 with the Iran Hostage Crisis. It's popularity returned during the Gulf War along with the phrase "Support Our Troops," and has continued gaining popularity since 2003, when Magnet America introduced the "Support Our Troops" Ribbon Magnet in honor of those serving in Iraq. This "Support Our Troops" Button is a great way to show your support and can be purchased as a pin, a badge, or a refrigerator magnet.
- These metal buttons are covered with a durable mylar film that has a bright finish and helps protect the design from scratches.
- Three options to choose from:
- Pin Back: Great for adding some flair to your outfit, backpack, hoodie or suspenders (why not).
- Badge Back: Name badge backs with powerful Neodymium magnets have the added benefit of not damaging clothing.
- Magnet Back: A thick 60mil magnetic backing makes this option great for refrigerator or any metal surface.
- Over All Dimensions: 2 1/4" Dia. or 3" Dia.