During ancient times, when early Christians were facing persecution, the ichthus, or Jesus Fish, was used as a symbol for marking safe meeting places, Christian tombs, and to identify other Christians. If two strangers met and began conversing, one could draw half of the fish in the sand. If the other stranger completed the fish, both knew that they were safe. Though it is uncertain why the fish was chosen, it could be linked to the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with five loaves and two fish. It may also be linked to other stories in which Jesus used fish as an illustration or to Jesus calling his disciples "fishers of men." Much like in ancient times, the ichthus is used today to identify those of the Christian faith. If you are a Christian, this Gold Fish Button can be used to show others what you believe. It can be purchased as a refrigerator magnet, a pin, or a magnetic badge.
- These metal buttons are covered with a durable mylar film that has a bright finish and helps protect the design from scratches.
- Three options to choose from:
- Pin Back: Great for adding some flair to your outfit, backpack, hoodie or suspenders (why not).
- Badge Back: Name badge backs with powerful Neodymium magnets have the added benefit of not damaging clothing.
- Magnet Back: A thick 60mil magnetic backing makes this option great for refrigerator or any metal surface.
- Over All Dimensions: 2 1/4" Dia. or 3" Dia.