The history of Father's Day dates back to the Middle Ages, when people in Europe celebrated on March 19th, St. Joseph's Day. This day was chosen to honor fathers because of the connection with Joseph, who served along Mary in parenting Christ on earth. The celebration of Father's Day was brought to the Americas by the Spanish and Portuguese. While some parts of the world still celebrate on March 19th, the United States celebrates on the third Sunday in June. Although many tried to establish Father's Day as an official holiday in America, it received quite the push-back and was not made a permanent holiday until 1972. If your dad is the best, show him your appreciation with this "I Love Dad" Circle Button! These buttons come in two sizes, 2.25" and 3", and can be ordered as a pin-back, a magnetic badge back, or a refrigerator magnet.
- These metal buttons are covered with a durable mylar film that has a bright finish and helps protect the design from scratches.
- Three options to choose from:
- Pin Back: Great for adding some flair to your outfit, backpack, hoodie or suspenders (why not).
- Badge Back: Name badge backs with powerful Neodymium magnets have the added benefit of not damaging clothing.
- Magnet Back: A thick 60mil magnetic backing makes this option great for refrigerator or any metal surface.
- Over All Dimensions: 2 1/4" Dia. or 3" Dia.