The greeting "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" was first used in 1740 and is linked to the tradition of performing outside (and sometimes inside) of homes in exchange for food and drink. In England, the wealthy would often provide treats such as puddings to carolers that visited their homes on Christmas Eve. These traditions influenced the song in which we most commonly hear this phrase, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas"…and a Happy New year! This magnet is a great way to spread Christmas cheer!
- These metal buttons are covered with a durable mylar film that has a bright finish and helps protect the design from scratches.
- Two options to choose from:
- Magnet Back: A thick 60mil magnetic backing makes this option great for refrigerator or any metal surface.
- Badge Back: Name badge backs with powerful Neodymium magnets have the added benefit of not damaging clothing.
- Over All Dimensions: 3 ½” x 2 1/2" Rectangle